Saturday, January 25, 2014

Monday I'm sending out an Argonaut to a company up north that makes custom bags for the military and outdoor use. They are doing a sample bag ($250.00) The only layout idea I have is one similar to the Mistral bag that Aqua Lung made a few years ago. I've asked this company to give me their ideas of what would work best before they make it.  Since the Argonaut is designed to allow removal of the yoke by simply unscrewing it I think the yoke and knob could be stored in a pouch on or in the bag and it would allow the regulator to be stored flat. Overall size of the bag is a concern because leaving the hose loop in a relaxed circle makes for a large diameter bag. There are many options if you don't leave it that way.  The bag may be more of a travel solution as opposed to a long term storage unit.....More details to follow on this.
______________________________________________________

I visited the shop that I had planned to do the custom serial numbers on the Argonaut bodies and as luck would have it the device that holds parts for stamping would not accommodate the Argonaut body.  Luckily they knew another local company they felt could do them.  I'll check it out next week. 
Standard serial numbers are no problem as they will be done during the finishing process.  
______________________________________________________

Another meeting with the attorney and all looks good on that front (aside from the large check I had to write them)  Everyone will still need to do the waiver but I can shorten it up a bit and make it easy to do on line.  Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst.

______________________________________________________
Shop that is doing the Cerakoting is good to go. Had a nice visit with them today and they are excited about the Argonaut project and the possibility of doing some work on original regulators if folks are interested....More details on this to follow. 
_____________________________________________________
In what world does this make sense?......Company I have been working with for 10 years.  I asked them to quote making large diameter custom oval stickers for the Argonaut shipping boxes....Sent them the details and artwork.  Credit department has called me three times today asking for a credit card number to process the order....Two of the three times they called I said....I'm not paying for something until I approve the proof.....Send me something to look at and I'll be glad to pay for it...Finally the third time I said....Do you need me to pay for artwork to get the artwork done?  No, we need payment for the order so we can process it.....I said, What am I ordering? ...She says I don't know....I said when you do know please call me back and have the artwork in front of you so you can describe the sticker that I'm ordering and we can go from there.....She says, Well I can't process the order without a credit card....I say, I can't pay for your imagination.Produce a proof for approval and I'll decide if I want to pay for a thousand sticker or not....She called back twice after that leaving messages about needing payment to process the order.....Never a dull moment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment