Sunday, May 15, 2016

Calypso Update.....Danger Will Robinson



A big Thank You to Bill and Mike from the Vintage Double Hose website message forum for bringing to my attention a very important recall on all US Divers Calypso first stages dated 09/13/1979.  They sent me copies of the actual recall notice and some pictures to help explain what was going on.  I don't remember servicing any Calypso regulators that did not have the bushing already but there must be a few out there so please be aware of it when servicing your regulator.
I have my sources looking into an exact replacement for the O-ring that surrounds the high pressure seat as they are not any standard size that we can determine. I will add these to the service kits if I can locate them.  I'm also looking for some bushings and will add those to the website store if and when possible.

CLICK HERE to go to the file with the notice and pictures.

CLICK HERE if you would like to join in the discussion on the VDH Website Message Forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment